Tips for staying healthy
Tips for staying healthy so you can offer great care to pigs
Use good personal hygiene. Wash your hands, sneeze or cough into tissues or elbow joints.
- Cover your mouth or hand with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose of any used tissue in a lined trash can.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Don't dry your hands on your pants.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before eating and after using the restroom.
- Use fingernail brushes and wash under your fingernails.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting sick.
- Clean and disinfect high touich surface areas every day.
- Counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables.
- Ask your supervisor or veterinarian if you are unsure what your recommended disinfectant is.
Have questions? Reach out to the team at Prairie Swine Health Services.